Author: Changyong Li
I wanted to share an update on behalf of all of us at Bata, in-light of the evolving Coronavirus situation.
Firstly, our thoughts go to everyone affected by this unprecedented event. We are all in this together and to various degrees, are all impacted. Particularly, our warm thoughts go to everyone who has been personally touched, or had their loved ones affected by this situation.
Our first priority is always the health and well-being of our consumers, our employees, our communities, and everyone participating directly or indirectly to our activities. Because of this, we are continuously monitoring the situation, and are adapting our measures accordingly.Read more...
SINGAPORE - Bata steps up its game
Stores in Singapore will carry a new range of shoes featuring comfort technology - from acupressure to dry-fit and from air float to air vent systems.
The brand synonymous in Singapore with white canvas school shoes - Bata - is turning to new technology to woo customers.Read more...
SINGAPORE - Bata Fun Facts
1) Bata, a family-owned business, was founded by Thomas Bata in 1894 in Zlin, the Czech Repulic. Its current chairman is Mr Thomas G. Bata, grandson of the founder.
A fourth-generation family member who is part of the business is the director of Bata Heritage, Mr Charles Pignal, 40, which is based in Singapore.
2) The first Bata store in Singapore opened in 1931 at Capitol.
3) A Bata factory was built here in Prince Edward Road in 1940. The factory stopeed production during World War II, but started again in January 1946, a few months after the end of the war.
4) Bata Heritage was conceived in 2014 to reproduce iconic Bata models through the years. In the last five years, collaboration collections with big brands or franchises like Coca-Cola, Star Wars and Commes Des Garcons have been released.
5) Prive was introduced in December as an accompanying accessory line to the Bata shoe range. Items include handbags, wallets and namecard holders.Read more...
INSIDE RECENT - Bata celebrates 125th anniversary with fashion extravaganza in Prague
A banging catwalk show, an inspiring shoe exhibition, a fascinating, nostalgic pop-up museum… this was Bata Fashion Weekend 2019. The fashion footwear giant showcased its latest ranges and collections, including the Italian Collection, Chinese Collection, Asia Pacific Collection, and its technological ranges Bata Flexible, Bata Light and Bata Insolia.Read more...